HMAD Screening: THE EXORCIST III

Oh hell yes! When I first saw The Exorcist III a few years back (yes, a few. I was late to the party on the entire franchise - I didn't see the original until I was 19!), I realized how great it would be to see the film with a big crowd, thanks to one of cinema's all time best jump scares. Having been hosting these screenings for nearly 5 years now (!), I know a lot of folks are seeing the film for the first time, so it's going to be great to watch those "virgin" reactions on January 25th, when we kick off HMAD's 2014 schedule at the New Beverly with this 1990 sequel, often considered to be the only worthy followup to William Friedkin's original.

A big part of that acclaim is the cast: George C. Scott takes over for the late Lee J. Cobb as Kinderman, Jason Miller returns as Karras, and it boasts small roles from everyone from a young Kevin Corrigan (as an altar boy!) to Samuel L. Jackson, in one of his first appearances. But one of the most memorable turns is easily Brad Dourif's as the Gemini Killer, and I'm pleased (and more than a little giddy) to announce Mr. Dourif will be joining us for pre-movie Q&A! He's genre royalty, as far as I'm concerned - Chucky alone would cement his legacy, but X-Files, the LOTR films, (previous HMAD show) Urban Legend, and, for my money, the best thing about Rob Zombie's Halloween remake put him over the top. And he's almost assuredly the only Oscar nominee I'll ever have up there, so I'm pretty damn honored/nervous!

Luckily otherwise things will be normal: I'll have crappy DVDs to give away for easy trivia questions, and the Q&A will be BEFORE the movie so you want to get there on time. The New Beverly is located at 7165 Beverly Blvd in Los Angeles (90036), 2 blocks west of La Brea. Street parking is plentiful (aim for Formosa) and tickets are a mere 8 bucks, cash or card at the door (you can also buy in advance at BrownPaperTickets. The show is at 11:59pm on Saturday, January 25th - be on time for the Q&A! See you there!

P.S. As always, feel free to post the below image on your own blog/site, tweet the link, Facebook, etc - I want the place PACKED for that jump scare!

1 comment:

  1. Well, it was certainly packed... Loved seeing Brad. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Movie & TV Show Preview Widget

Google