New Commentary: Jason Takes Manhattan!

I think I'm getting a bit better at these... it's only been two months since the last one, and I already have another one recorded (just need to edit it). My goal of 1-2 a month might just be achieved after all.

Anyway, as I lost out on recording a "real" commentary on the actual disc for Friday the 13th Part VIII: Jason Takes Manhattan, due to Paramount changing their minds about having "fan" commentaries on the discs (only Joe Lynch and Adam Green's track for Final Chapter survived), I decided to record my own. Fuck you, Paramount!

As always, it's a pretty simple process. First download the mp3 track here, and then load it on your iPod or whatever, or simply play it through your computer through any mp3 playback application. At the same time, load up your DVD of Jason Takes Manhattan. Start them both at the same time so that the timecodes on both the mp3 and the film are more or less in sync (within a second anyway), and adjust the volume accordingly so that you can hear me and the film at a comfortable level.

Now, at some point (especially if you're on a computer), the tracks may go out of sync, or "drift". You should be able to tell by the timecode which one is running fast, but if for any reason the timecodes match and you're still out of sync, simply pause the film or the commentary for a second or two. If you notice my reaction to a line or event is delayed, then you need to pause the film. If i seem to be reacting before something occurs, then pause me. Every now and then I say a line of dialogue along with the characters (such as Wayne: "She's sexy!"), that should help.

If there any problems, suggestions... PLEASE post them or email me. I have gotten very little feedback on the others I have done, and it's a lot of work to do if no one's bothering to listen to them. According to the Mediafire info, well over a hundred people downloaded the Halloween track, but I only got 6 comments on it, and only 2 of those were actual feedback (thanks Zed!!!). I know some folks don't want to deal with commenting, and that's fine, but if you want me to keep doing them, I'm gonna need more confirmation that they are being listened to and not just downloaded to your desktop and gathering virtual dust. Thanks guys!!! And look for the next one within the next week or so!

5 comments:

  1. Hey BC,

    I just watched the new commentary. I found it very informative and extremely entertaining, and it gave me a whole new appreciation for this addition to the series. I think if I had watched this when I was a kid I would have been afraid to go to NYC too, I wouldn't want to accidentally be in the sewers when they flush out the toxic sludge every night! This is the first of your commentaries I have listened to, but I will definitely be listening to the others ASAP! It's too bad your commentary won't be on the new release! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really enjoyed the commentary BC. A good excuse for me to give this movie another look. YOu had some great insight. Looking forward to the next one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great, but where is the next one that you just needed to edit?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Still waiting to be edited :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is great. Definitely please keep doing these!

    ReplyDelete

Movie & TV Show Preview Widget

Google